Thursday, April 16, 2009

Really Red State Territory


We’re here in Barkers Crossing, Georgia, which means I tend to shut my mouth and open my tailgate. From the graphic above, you can see that I appear vaguely partisan to the passing driver and have gotten some dumb shit yelled at me over the years, but at least there are a few advantages to being most of two meters tall and a hundred kilograms. Somehow, they never actually take a swing. Go figure. Anyway, with the tailgate down, it’s a lot quieter and more peaceful which the dear wife appreciates.

I’ve been reading the follow-ups to the whole Tax Day Grass Roots (Really Not Funded By The Usual Republican Billionaires) Tea Bag Day Event, and it strikes me what a bunch of ignorant angry idiots there are in our fine country who can be so easily swayed.

My current favorite is Right WingTM outrage over DHS reporting (ordered by the GWB administration) that extremist groups might target veterans for membership and recruiting to carry out terrorist acts (anyone remember Tim McVeigh?) Without pausing for breath, they go on to call for the violent overthrow of the US Government in a revolution. Do these people have any inner monologue? Hello? Is this thing on?

Honestly, the fact that these idiots got their candidates elected and reelected in the last decade makes me wonder what a great idea democracy really is. Democracy if we win, revolution if we lose. Sounds sane to me. NOT.

1 comments:

Cat said...

Your tailgate is awesome.