Tuesday, April 21, 2009

American Evangelicals and the Poor



One of the most repeated concepts in all four gospels is that JC wants his followers to help the poor. Most of his admonitions were about helping the poor. Damn near the only thing He said that all four gospels agree on is, “If you want to be perfect, give all that you have to the poor and follow me.”

Okay, so the real important items that most Evangelical assclowns follow is to have a HUGE megachurch building, fight homosexual rights, protest abortion, fight for lower taxes and get rid of welfare. Why the fuck would an eternal, all-powerful God need a new house? I’m pretty sure a guy like that would be protected from the weather by other means. I go kind of apeshit seeing a HUGE church in an area that has homeless people. Any allegedly Christian church that has a building (used a few hours a week MAX) that doesn’t also run a food kitchen and a homeless shelter is a complete fraud. That would be most of them, of course.

So, anyway, these are the sheep that have been co-opted by a rapacious Right WingTM and basically are doing damned near zero that their deity asked for, just following the will of the Republican task masters. What the hell is wrong with American Christians?

1 comments:

Steve said...

preach it bro!

you pretty much paraphrased these:

Mt 7:21 ¶ "Not every one who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'

and

Mt 25:41 Then he will say to those at his left hand, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels;
42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,
43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'
44 Then they also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?'
45 Then he will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.'
46 And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Jesus pretty much used harsher words than assclown, though.