Thursday, February 28, 2008

Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia


The CBS Evening News showed McCain saying, "I have news for Senator Obama. Al Qaeda is in Iraq. And that's why we're fighting in Iraq, and that's why we're succeeding in Iraq." Obama was shown saying, "I have some news for John McCain, and that is there was no such thing as al Qaeda in Iraq until George Bush and John McCain decided to invade Iraq."

How many Americans still buy the ridiculous idea that Saddam Hussein launched the attacks on 9/11? What the hell is wrong with these people? There's no way McCain believes what he's saying here, but he knows his base loves it.

John McCain: former war hero, former POW, former Maverick, current assclown. Very sad.

3 comments:

Steve said...

That's the negative, but the positive is that the more Obama has chances to connect McCain to Bush in voter's minds, the more sure his victory. The War, the Economy ( and stupid "tax refund"), the odd consortium of lost American values and freedoms.... I would feel really good if I was one of Obama's speech writers. Target rich environment.

Mr. Osborn said...

This article was given to me by someone who earnestly believes that Saddam was linked with 9/11.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1747697/posts

Nonsense.

Did none of these people see this statement of Bush's in the news? I remember it.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/attack/140133_bushiraq18.html

Steve said...

Nat;

I wonder if your second link is either incorrect or out of date. Either that or the highly unlikely event of my inability to navigate coherently :,)