Wednesday, October 31, 2007

What the hell

I missed the political/religious/economic slug fest that was my nephew Nat's blog, SPQR, so I thought I'd pick a fight with the same people from that site and get a dialog going. One of my basic issues is trying to understand why American Christians turned so mean. Ghandi famously said, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

That's my point.Preview

So here's my opening gambit- why are the top concerns of the religious right opposing gay marriage, opposing abortion and staying in Iraq when Jesus was either opposed to or mute on those very issues? My opinion is that they aren't Christians as much as they are Revelationary Leviticans. Can someone explain this to me?

1 comments:

Jeff said...

This is a test